XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
It allows you to join multiple IRC channels (chat rooms) at the same time, talk publicly, private one-on-one conversations etc. Even file transfers are possible.
- The balloon time is now adjustable via /set input_balloon_time <seconds>.
- The /Ghost command's password parameter is now optional.
- Updated the default IRC network list with various additions.
- When switching tabs, made the treeview only scroll if the selected item isn't visible.
- The Search/Find window can now be closed with the ESC key.
- Selecting an item in the nickmenu will now copy it to clipboard.
- New icons for notification area (systray).
- For the auto-join command, added an 'x' filler for empty keys. This works around a bug in ircd-seven.
- Lifted a limitation which only allowed the auto-join list to be 255 characters long.
- When a single channel-MODE changes, xchat will no longer re-issue a MODE request for the titlebar display, but figure the new modes intelligently.
- A favorite networks feature has been added to the network list.
- Various text event changes:
* Added "Private Action", "Private Action to Dialog", "SSL Message".
* Added "Identified text" parameter all the 'action' events.
* Added a $3 parameter to "Server Text".
- Plugin API changes:
* Added 'gtkwin_ptr' to xchat_get_info.
* Added DCC fields 'poshigh' and 'resumehigh'.